Don Young Co.
Twelve years ago, I wanted new windows installed in my home … but didn’t want to spend more than my budget. When Sears suggested Don Young’s storm windows as an option, I was skeptical about how they would work. Now, I can say storms were a good idea, and I’m satisfied with the whole job … two of my neighbors became customers.
Jimmy Jackson, Dallas
Storm windows once dominated the replacement window market. Today, storms still present an economical opportunity to prevent energy loss through existing windows and fights noise pollution as well. They can be fitted with a number of glazings, such as tinted glass and laminated glass, and are available with optional solar screens. Storms remain an economical alternative to complete window replacement.
Don Young Co. storm windows are made-to-order in custom sizes to meet your unique needs and are available in Mill Finish (unpainted aluminum), White, Tan, or Bronze.
Don Young Co. windows feature:
- Limited lifetime warranty
- High density weather stripping with mylar fin for full seal between the frame and the sashes
- Composite slide latches for extra strength & longer life
- Mechanical interlocks prevent rattling & fight air infiltration
- Available tubular hollow frames provide greater strength, stability & rigidity
- Optional screens & various tints reduce glare & harmful UV rays & improve thermal performance
- Flexible gasket creates thermal break to reduce energy transfer
- Environmentally friendly, durable powder coated finish for long lasting color
- Bettervue® improved visibility screen w/ 10% better airflow
MI Windows & Doors
With plants across the country, MI Windows and Doors is one of America’s most respected manufacturers of vinyl, aluminum and composite windows. Since 1947, they’ve focused on great people making great products. To MI Windows and Doors, “Seeing You Through” is a philosophy that goes beyond the factory, beyond the warehouse, and right into each home and construction site.
Window Product Highlights
- Multi-chambered construction for thermal efficiency
- Metal reinforcement in sash(es) for added durability
- Fully weatherstripped to keep wind & weather outside
- Sloping sill design prevents interior water leakage
- Spacer System reduces energy costs
- Full-length lift rail for easy up & down operation
- Double cam locks close in opposite directions to create tighter seal
- Forced entry resistant Cam Latch — meets new AAMA requirements; provides better security
- Constant-force stainless steel coil balance system & locking pivot bar shoe provide easy sash operation and removal
- Insulating glass reduces heating & cooling costs
- Maintenance-free, vinyl extrusions will not stick or swell due to moisture
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
A family-owned business, Arko Manufacturing makes high quality aluminum storm windows. You can view a gallery of their products & read their brochures here »
Falcon Door and Window manufactures a variety of storm windows, complete with instructions for installation. All storm windows feature a 10 year warranty.